Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Away From Home

While preparing for college, my first thought was "I'm never coming home." The thought of absolute freedom was so sweet I could nearly taste it. Being at home meant no privacy, nosy parents and siblings, chores, and undesirable 'older sister' duties. When envisioning life at Ball State I saw pure unadulterated freedom, little to no responsibilities, and endless opportunities to have fun. I was sorely mistaken. 
Life at Ball State has shown me how much I truly love my home and family. I've never missed them, never wished I were home, never preferred my noisy house to a quiet dorm room, but this last month has taught me how valuable family is. It was a lesson I never thought I'd have to learn, yet here I am. But don't get me wrong, I love BSU. I love the atmosphere, the diversity, the beautiful architecture. Ball State is the one place I feel at home, other than at 213 Pearl Street.   

No comments:

Post a Comment